2024/10/08

Which Tool to Clone MED9.1 CAN BUS ECU?

 Problem:

Trying to clone Audi Bosch MED9.1 ECU. I’ve tried with Xhorse Multi Prog and OBDSTAR DC706. Both tools cannot access the ECU. Both tools say to only hook up K-line no CAN H & CAN L lines hooked up to the ecu. When I have it hooked up on the bench to my Autel ultra with CAN H and CAN L the ecu communicates I am able to clear and see codes and ecu info. Has anyone been able to read Med9.1 CAN BUS???

Bosch MED9.1 ECU


Solution:

If it’s USA model it won’t work. USA models use CAN BUS and rest of the world use k-line.

So if all your wiring up is power ground and one wire and this is USA model then that’s why it won’t work.

 

Multi prog, DC706 and FC200 etc works fine with MED9.1 K-line ECU.  PCMFlash module 77 also read MED9.1.

med9.1 pinout

If CAN BUS, use Ktag, KT200 or Foxflash to clone in BDM mode.

 

 

 

User experience:

1).  I had to use kt200 with bdm solder method to clone this ecu.

2). I have succesfully cloned this ECU with just KTAG/KESS3 (BDM).

3). I used Foxflash in BDM mode, and it cloned it perfectly.

 

 

Hope it helps.

www.obdii365.com

No comments:

Post a Comment